Scanner- Canonscan N650U

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Kr0m, May 23, 2002.

1. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

Anyone out there have one of these? I had it running flawlessly in Win2k but it likes to lock up or crash after a few scans in WinXP.

I've tried different drivers etcc...

Any help would be appreciated.

2. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

I would guess you have already tried here ?

The drivers and the scan gear.

3. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

yes sir.

4. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Under what program are you aquiring the Scanner or importing to? Or are you just using the program that came bundled with the Scanner? Reason is that I have different brand Scanner but in PaintShop Pro ver 7 the scanner hangs But in ver 6.02 it works perfectly. Thinking... maybe proggy? Also maybe, uninstall Scanner and reinstall but let XP install it's own drivers.

5. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

Was also thinking, if it's locking up after a few scans it could be a memory prob. The program you are using when scanning is not releasing memory. Try scanning a couple of things then close down the prog. Reopen the prog and scann a couple more things see if it locks or not.

6. Kr0m

Kr0m Moderator

I've tried aquiring with Photoshop 6, 7 and ACDSee, and I've used the program that came with it. As for the memory suggestion, thats what I thought lastnight when I was using it. I kept Task Manager open and watched the memory and CPU usage looking for clues, but all seemed fine. I remember the errors mentioning something about being in use or maybe something to do with the twain. I've waited a while after certain scans didnt seem to work to let it finish, but it never does. The scanner sounds like it goes through the normal motions, but the times it locks up it doesnt actually scan anything.

7. pappcam

pappcam Guest

I'd use the driver uninstall program on the site listed
    above and then install the drivers from the same site.
    I have the exact same scanner and I always had to manually
    install the drivers as XP doesn't seem to have it's own for it.
    By the way, I have never had a problem with my N650U and I
    love it even though it could use a little more resolution.