Scam letter from Madrid Spain

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
I got a letter in the mail that is a scam lottery winner deal. But that is nothing really new but here is the really messed up part. The mailing info came from the phone company!!

Yup, the phone company SBC. I have my phone number listed under a dummy name C.R.Boa. I do this with every phone I ever have to screen mail that I get from the phone company selling my info. But I was shocked to see that this piece of mail originated in spain, even has postage from spain with no return address.

AS with most mailing scams the documents inside are simple photocopies with a page informing me that I have won $615,810 US dollars. Of course I have to call an international number or fill out the Lottery Payments Processing Form, with asks for all the usuall contact info plus my bank name, account number, routing number etc, even my next of kin!

Now, I love these little scams as I have actually made money off these fools in the past, by scaming the scammers. But I am not sure how to retailiate with this one as it is overseas. I am going to try and find out if the international number is a pay per min. type one (international ones like to do that, you call to get more info nd find a charge on your bill for $1000 for the call).

Beyond my desire to screw these hacks over, I do want to do the right thing and bring attenion to public so no one else gets scammed. Anyone with Ideas on how to do that? BTW, I am in the US.

Here is a link to the exact scam others have posted about this:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff101683.htm

In UK we have had scam letters from Companies registered in Spain also sending out fake speeding fines to UK people that used Spanish roads. It's so annoying.

yea it is a bit annoying but I really would like to strike back. I scammed a US scammer into sending me a money order for $50 claiming that a ligitmate lottery would pay funds for me to setup mybank account to recieve my winnings. Of course there never was any such charge and I would never give anyone my banking info. I sent them a letter afterwards asking them how they liked getting scammed, vengance can be soooo sweet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back