SB Live drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ntentz, Jul 7, 2003.

1. ntentz

ntentz FingerBanger

Hey i want to try different drivers for my sb live 5.1 and the creative drivers are kinda funny sometimes, i know i have read of other drivers but dont have link nor remember the name to search for. I know someone knows of these any comments pro or con are welcomed also. Thanx

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

moved thread from Graphics cards section to Other hardware....

Sazar

3. ntentz

ntentz FingerBanger

thanxs Saz i didnt even relize sry.

4. kreation

kreation OSNN Junior Addict

The best Drivers you can get are the KX project drivers, these will give you the lowest latency with the SB cards, I use them with my SB Live Platinum and they work extremely well.

http://kxproject.spb.ru/index.php?skip=1

5. ntentz

ntentz FingerBanger

Hey kreation thanks im goin over now to check um out and give them a try.

6. chaos945

chaos945 Moderator

Nice, thanks. I'll throw those bad boys on my alternate workstation with a SB Live! 5.1.

7. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

I heard the kx drivers dont support 3d app's ? so in a game you loose 2 channel's is this true?

8. ntentz

ntentz FingerBanger

I have been using these since just after my post like 8 days or so, and it took me a few minutes to get the config right and get the 5.1 workin but after that no troubles i played with the front rear swap feature and i must say i get better surround sound now the can hear the rears with the balance set to the middle, I used to set it heavy on the rears just to hear them. I am be no means and audiophile i guess, im simple long as it plays im happy kind thing, but i must say my mp3s do seem to sound alittle better overall, can hear the instruments better less mushy i guess. And as for gaming I been playing desesrt combat and All my channels work my green friend so give um a try. Thanks for the link again im very happy so far but i wont get into latency and all that jsut sounds better lol.

9. Shamus MacNoob

Hey great stuff these drivers work fine after all , thanks for the heads up :D

10. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

hey do you need to do anything special like uninstall the previous drivers first

11. Shamus MacNoob

Well yes that is always a good thing to do no matter what your playing with , so yes uninstall the previous drivers and reboot as it ask's , and then just double click the install.exe and it will walk you through . ;)

12. Tuffgong4

just installed them rebooted and now I have no sound...anything special to do with these drivers

13. Tuffgong4

looking at the config but is really confusing...have 2 satelites and a subwoofer

14. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I just saw this post this morning, and I'm using the drivers now. Wow! After Creative and their awful driver support, I'm glad to find something that works beautifully :) Thanks, kreation!

Tuffgong4: By "have 2 satellites and a subwoofer" I assume you mean that you have that setup. I think the KX drivers default to 2.1, because I wasn't getting 5.1 at first and had to reset them. Try reinstalling the drivers.

15. Shamus MacNoob

General
    Front and Rear speakers are swapped by default (this is intentional) - explanation why here.
    The default speaker configuration is 'Stereo' (2.0) -- you can change this setting by tweaking the 'Surrounder' options.
    EAX/EAX2.0/EAX3.0 not fully supported.
    No DirectSound3D support (2D emulation only).
    MIDI synth volume control may not function in realtime.
    If you have ACPI-aware system you may need to disable it. Refer to ACPI guide for details.

I was right about the 3d though it only emulates it in 2d

but they work fine I am not knocking them the configuration is going to be tougher for the non experimented computer user, but they seem to have tons of options to play with , just the way I like things LOL :)