Saving a theme

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by DeeBeeS, Jun 18, 2004.

1. DeeBeeS

DeeBeeS OSNN Addict

Southern Ireland
    I have installed Style XP and Icon Packager. I have downloaded a visual style from Style XP and used icon packager to change the icons. Then using Properties and Appearance I have changed certain fonts and sizes to what I like.

My problem is that when I then open properties-themes then save as I browse to C-Windows-resources. I then give the modified version a name and save it. I must be doing something wrong as it is not saved and does not shown on the list of themes in Properties.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong. Thanks in advance.
  2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Of all the themes that I stuck in the Resources folder, only about half of them showed up in the list. I thought that there might need to be a specific directory structure, but that didn't seem to do the trick. So I really don't know what causes it, I just got used to browsing to the Resources folder and double-clicking on the theme that I wanted to use.
  3. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

Ottawa, Ontario
    Yea it's the same with me. I always wanted to know that. Microsoft must just like playing with your mind. I have at least 20 themes, and only about 7 of them show. I automaticly go to resources,themes to load one now.
  4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Hmm, I wonder what makes one theme show up and another not? My guess is it's the fault of the theme developer.