SATA cables coming loose

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
anyone have a solution for SATA cables that keep coming loose off my mobo?

Stop pulling on them? haha... jk.

I dont know why they would be coming loose even if there wasnt a good lock there. You could try using some glue as a radical measure. or perhaps trying new cables?

Aprox said:
You could try using some glue as a radical measure. or perhaps trying new cables?
Melting glue on the outside of the connector then, just for clarification. ;) Brand vendors sometimes use this to keep cables in place in shipping.

Zedric said:
Melting glue on the outside of the connector then, just for clarification. ;) Brand vendors sometimes use this to keep cables in place in shipping.

What sort of glue? hot glue gun or something of that sort?

These are ultra uv reative cables. they are quite heavy duty and im guessing why thats why they are coming undone or lose. the OEM cables which came with the board werent long enough. I will buy some other cables to see if that makes any difference and then glue them for safe measure. I did find some western digital cables that securly lock on the hard drives but nothing for the other end where they are coming undone. Funny they dont come off the hard drives though.

trainmaster77 said:
What sort of glue? hot glue gun or something of that sort?
Yeah that's it. Me no speako perfect engleshio, you know. ;)
Just as long as it's not hot enough to melt anything else.

Be carful though, some superglues can melt plastic. So use some thing superficial like white glue, its not that strong but its easily cleaned and should be enough to hold it in place. May not look nice but it should work, but as I said earlier you might want to look into new cables.

I wouldn't use superglue at all. I mean, sooner or later you want the cable to come out. Without major mechanical surgery.

Zedric said:
I wouldn't use superglue at all. I mean, sooner or later you want the cable to come out. Without major mechanical surgery.

Yeah, I was hinting at that in my above post without actually saying it :p
The glue method will work but I dont really recommend it, you should really do it right and just buy new cables that work better.

i had these uv reactive sata cables (ultra brandname) and they were coming loose. I forget what they cost but they werent worth it. I purchased them from tigerdirect (which sucks too).

Anyway i went though the spare parts that came with the asus a8nsli mobo and put the ****ty looking oem red sata cables on the drives. What do ya know ..they actually snap ...thats right snap into place ..problem solved.

Being i never used sata drives before i didnt know this to be true. So DO NOT BUY ultra cables ..they suck ass. And never buy anything from tigerdirect.

Thanks for the advice on this yall.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back