sapphire radeon 9600 atlantis - problems ??

odivane

n00b
my friend has just purchased this card, and he has come acroos some problems. When he tryies to play mp3's and divx movies, the picture on his monitor starts shaking and songs are skipping. He just installed the card on a fresh install of windows xp. This is urgent so please guys help :cool:

haven't heard of problems playing mp3's before :confused:

sounds weird...

install the new drivers EP suggested and see if yuo or your friend can post with results...

any more information would also be helpful...

Could be IRQ contention between the sound card and the video card. If the sound is on a card move it to another PCI slot. If the sound is built-in, disbale it and see if the divx plays ok (yes, I know there will be no sound, but this will isolate the problem to the IRQ).

Not sure if you will be able to manually move the on board sound IRQ. It will depend on the MB.

Also, is this a fast machine (XP2000 or higher)? Or an old clunker running a celereon, duron, P3 or original athlon? How much MB RAM?

512 mb ram xp2400. Its a relly weird problem ill aski him today for more details :S

Try installing a new mp3 acm codec if you're having problems with mp3 and divx playback.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back