Samsung Galaxy interface

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by BouncingSoul, Nov 22, 2010.

1. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

I know the Galaxy is an Android device, but what about that crazy water effect interface it has. Is that customized for just the Galaxy or can any Droid run it? I love to track it down and put it on my X. It is so cool!

2. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Is it a live wallpaper? I have a Galaxy S (Captivate) but not sure what you mean. :( I believe you could probably download it someplace if you looked around. :)

3. BouncingSoul

I don't know how it works. My X is the only Droid I've owned so I don't know what these things are called. I've read that some of the interfaces (or whatever they are called) are tied to the manufacturer. Another example would be the crazy live weather one the Droid Incredible has. That thing is cool as well. But this one on the Galaxy (or is it Captivate? That sounds right now that I hear it) looks like the normal Droid "desktop", it has the 7 screens you can flick between but it looks like it has water on top of it. So where ever you touch you get this sweet ripple effect. I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Not sure the one you want is actually on my phone but here is how you do it: android central. I'm sure if you search around XDA they probably have more also.

5. BouncingSoul

Those are the one's. Ocean Waves is what I was looking for. Everyone says it slows down their phones but I'd like to try it anyway. Now I just need to find the files, the ones linked on [Release] Samsung Galaxy S LWPs - xda-developers are gone now. Reps for knowing what I was talking about!