Same IRQ ( can be a problem ) ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cosmin, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

Attached pic. for more details ( I must recognize that momentainly there are no prob ) .. :)

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

No. Windows is able to share IRQ's for devices. If your computer is running fine atm, I shouldn't worry about it.

3. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Glaanieboy, its more likely shared by his Bios, this is possible and wont be any problem at all. Personally i try to keep devices on their own IRQ so that i dont run into trouble anytime.

4. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

No, Windows assigns the IRQ's. It is true that the BIOS should handle that, but Windows is known to take control over it and share it by itself.

5. Bretenn

Bretenn Guest

but if for me... i definitely will change the modem irq to somewhere else... this is to minimise or eliminate any error now or future ;)

6. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

until and unless you start getting IRQ_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO errors or something like that... don't worry about..

your os should be able to allocate resources properly...

it can be a problem with certain agp/pci hardware and configurations but for the most part there is no issue..

btw... my audigy and video card has IRQ errors until I relocated my sound card... :)

now its all peachy...

7. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I used to have sound/gfx on the same IRQ, and the sound messed up when stuff moved on screen (yeah, great fun for games :D)

I think that it'll be very hardware dependant as with most things though.
    Some people will get lots of blue screens, some will run 8+ things on the same IRQ :D :p