Same IP address everytime with ICS

A

AthlonXP

How can i get rid of the single IP address XP uses for ICS sharing? Everytime i enable it, it sets it right to 192.168.0.1. Lately i've been having things appearing in network connections like direct connections made to my comp called "the internet 2" and it's a 10mb connection. But everytime i try to change the IP of my host and client comps and re-enable ICS it sets it back to that IP and says something about losing connections with other comps if that's a static IP. It's annoying me badly, any help would be greatly appriciated. BTW i've tried ZoneAlarm and such and had alot of intruders trying to get on.

Ohh one more annoying little tidbit... everytime i let my comp sit or whatever it may be it always loses connectivity with the other comp. It's like they always manage to change IP address's by themselves, which is another reason why i wanted to set them to a manual address. :confused:

ICS always uses 192.168.0.1. You can't change it. If you really want to change it (why do you?) you'll have to get a third party router program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back