Safari 4 Beta

X-Istence

Political Access
Hey guys,

Has anyone else tried the Safari 4 Beta yet? This thing is flying. And they ripped all the good stuff from Chrome to make it happen. Tabs at the top of the window bar, just like chrome, and this new "Top Sites" thing is like Chrome but made bad-ass.

I am impressed.

Yep - I really like how the Zoom In/Out now resizes everything, not just the text. It also zooms via multitouch pinch and un-pinch on my MacBook Pro.

I have noticed something funky with the fonts over at Slashdot, specifically the Re: (Score 2)s that you can see in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• safari4.png
    safari4.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 165
Also, on the Top Sites thing, if you have any websites with RSS feeds that are updated when the page is updated, you will notice a blue star appear, that means there has been an update.

Extremely handy for sites like http://stackoverflow.com/ and off course forum.osnn.net

Hey guys,

Has anyone else tried the Safari 4 Beta yet? This thing is flying. And they ripped all the good stuff from Chrome to make it happen. Tabs at the top of the window bar, just like chrome, and this new "Top Sites" thing is like Chrome but made bad-ass.

I am impressed.
I put it on my Win box and really like it, have made it default on that box. Oh and I first saw that "top sites" thing in Opera before Chrome/Google lifted it. ;) It looks like it's gonna shake up the browser market a bit I hope (anything that does away with FF/IE market is good). :lick:

I am very impressed. They definitely took some tips from Chromium which is very cool. I wish they also had the option to close all tabs to the right like Chromium does but that's missing. The tabbing at the top is nice.

I may do some experimenting with this. I have always hated Safari but they've finally given it a face lift that makes it quite attractive.

What tweaks exactly? I don't see any tweaks mentioned that would make Safari any better. Rather all I see is tweaks that destroy the value of the new version.

As for the bookmark handling, I have my bookmarks bar, and everything I bookmark is just dragged to it, I don't use any method of sorting bookmarks.

The only tweak I've done is to restore the load progress bar.
Code:
defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4IncludeToolbarRedesign -bool NO
defaults write com.apple.Safari DebugSafari4LoadProgressStyle -bool NO

I prefer the new way, most websites load fast enough that I don't have time to check on the loading status, and with the speed that websites are rendered I find it has even less of a place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back