Running games in XP. Feedback.

D

donkey

New PC. AMD Athlon 1800, 512 MB DDRAM, GeForce 4 MX 440

I got around 10-15 games. Most burnt, a couple normal and when I installed them all, XP slows down a lot. I uninstalled all of them except GTA3 and it ran fine so some games are stuffing up XP. (Note: They all did work though and ran fine performance wise but XP didn't)

Here's a list of the games. I have added no patches to any. If anyone has these, can you let me know if they run fine for you or cause a slowdown or any info to help.

Hopefully this way, I can wean out which games are slowing my PC down. Also, if I need a patch to run it on XP, let me know as well.

-Grand Theft Auto 3 (Runs fine at the moment I think)
-Medal of Honour: Allied Assault
-The Sims
-Worms Armageddon (Needs an XP patch but performance?)
-Quake 3 Arena
-Sim City 3000
-NBA Live 2001
-Kingpin
-Return to Castle Wolfenstein
-Civilisation 3
-Red Faction
-Roland Garros 2001
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2002
-Premier League Manager 2002
-Kevin Sheedy Coach 2002

If anyone has any feedback on the games running in XP, please let me know. There's one or more of these games that slow down my XP for some reason.

Thanks

First , try to defrag .
Games that i have and work fine :
( Geforce 4 MX 440)

GTA3 - No problems
Medal Of Honour : Allied Assault - No problems
RTCW - No problems
Civilisation 3 - No problems ( no specific driver needed )

Also my single opinion is to try another Driver for your Geforce .

are they installed on the same partition as windows ???

I have defragged a fair few times and nothing has happened.

All the games are on the same partition as Windows.

I havent actually checked my dirver at all but I thought the GeForce 4 wouldn't really have much to do with it because the games run fine once they are running. It's just after so some games slow XP down after they're finished.

Driver: NVIDIA 2.7.2.0 (15/01/2002)

I might need to update. Maybe that it but where can I get the update?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back