Running 2 80mm fans

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Is it safe to run two 80mm fans from one motherboard fan header using a power splitter? Is there a risk of blowing it?

Originally posted by Ragnarok
Is it safe to run two 80mm fans from one motherboard fan header using a power splitter? Is there a risk of blowing it?

why don't you use the extra molex connectors on your power supply?

I wouldn't try spliting off the mobo. Do like Odin said and go off the power supply.

Ok I'll split it through the molex connectors. But just being curious... would it blow the mobo fan header if I did split it from there?

Well I will be honest, I have never tried it, but I know of people who have tried it and had to replace there mobo's. I don't know what actually blew on these other peoples boards, and like I said I don't have any first hand experience.

I do, I'll tell you what. That little thing can't take that much, the wires get hot, and begin to melt, exposing the insides, and...this was on my older then old board, and I took it off in time, but I'm sure it would have killed it.

Originally posted by Nick M
I do, I'll tell you what. That little thing can't take that much, the wires get hot, and begin to melt, exposing the insides, and...this was on my older then old board, and I took it off in time, but I'm sure it would have killed it.
What?? That would require ALOT of current! You sure you didn't have a short circuit?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back