rules of engagement

Sazar

Rest In Peace
a lot of people in -=Xp0=- clan are a little perturbed about the usage of certain weapons on certain maps...

here's my 2 cents on this topic..

IF there are no rules on the server forbidding the usage of a particular weapon... then all weapons are fair game...

IF there are rules then if one of our clan members is BLATANTLY flaunting those rules and no admins of the server are present and one of our clan members sees this... please let us know... what action to be taken will probably be up to our clan leaders... fair play is stressed...

here is a point of contention for a lot of members... and is the reason I started this topic...

some people do not like the use of an AWP rifle because it is effectively a one shot killer... and it seems highly cheap...

now... my take is if there is no one on the other team using this weapon I wont use it... you all have played with me long enough to know how often I use that particular weapon... I am no big fan of it but by the same token I don't think it should be banned from usage by our clan either...

in certain situations if a player on the other team is using an awp... that for me means awp is fair game... and if I happen to pick it up.. i WILL use it...

its good for several reasons... I get practise... and the awp is my weakest weapon... and also the people on the other team get practise on how to avoid the weapon...

I have one other point to make...

if the teams are balanced do not unbalance just to be on the other side... it is unsporting... you will have a chance to change when the teams are more balanced and there are people waiting to join on... but if you are joining and the teams are unbalancing... please do refrain from it...

again these are my 2 cents and I dont expect people to agree with how I feel...

You have a good point..
as for the awp, it is not "ghey" just because you cant use it (god knows i cant :( )...
as for the teams ... well... its a really good point, its really nasty when all the good players team together on one side and the other side just gets owned all the time (btw Sazar you tend to do that all the time).

But you have to look at the circumstances.. if your team is slaughtering the other team with out an awp then you dont need to go buy an awp and take out half their team.

I totally agree about balancing the teams though

Originally posted by Benny

as for the teams ... well... its a really good point, its really nasty when all the good players team together on one side and the other side just gets owned all the time (btw Sazar you tend to do that all the time).

I explained this in the channel earlier today...

I have a fast connection and a reasonably fast computer... I am always one of the first few if not the first to join a new map on the hpr server... i cannot help which side other people go to... when I join there is usually no one there...

also I try not to quit my team if it is sucking... if I have purposely done so I apologise... but I have played many many times on the opposite side to -=Xp0=- and hpr members... and have done ok...

team stacking is a problem but I don't see why I am the one who has to move to the other side even if I am one of the first to join the new map? makes no sense... however I DO change if it is required... if someone on the other team asks me to change over... I tend to do it...

I am not as bad a sport as you make me out to be benny...

I know you arent... you are much better then other people on HPR.

Originally posted by xsk8zerox
But you have to look at the circumstances.. if your team is slaughtering the other team with out an awp then you dont need to go buy an awp and take out half their team.

I totally agree about balancing the teams though

granted...

thats a point I will concede...

I agree totally, however, if one team is vastly superior in skills, like just what happened, and you start using an AWP on top of that, that ain't kewl in my opinion.

But to aviod an arguement, I just left the game, plus the people on my team were really lame and would not help and only camped. So instead of argueing about it I left.

I don't like AWP's and while I do realize it is a weapon in the game, it's way too cheap a kill and takes the fun out of it. If I had my choice I would outlaw it on our server (if it ever comes back online), and I will try to get the clan members to vote it as being illegal.

Currently trying to get a server online with my isp that hopefully will serve our needs better then the current one we have, too much lag on ours and not sure RAM is the blame.

but oh well, thats my 2 cents as well, and I respect Sazar's opinion too.

cool.gif

Originally posted by Iceman
I agree totally, however, if one team is vastly superior in skills, like just what happened, and you start using an AWP on top of that, that ain't kewl in my opinion.

But to aviod an arguement, I just left the game, plus the people on my team were really lame and would not help and only camped. So instead of argueing about it I left.

I don't like AWP's and while I do realize it is a weapon in the game, it's way too cheap a kill and takes the fun out of it. If I had my choice I would outlaw it on our server (if it ever comes back online), and I will try to get the clan members to vote it as being illegal.

Currently trying to get a server online with my isp that hopefully will serve our needs better then the current one we have, too much lag on ours and not sure RAM is the blame.

but oh well, thats my 2 cents as well, and I respect Sazar's opinion too.

cool.gif

map changed right after you left :( was waiting for yer ass.. only saw you one time when you said something about awps...

what was pissing me off was the entire T team (minus about 2 people) camping... plus 2 of em had wallhacks... dunno if you noticed...

I seen lag like that before too iceman... and yah its more the connection than anything else... and the setup... nix MAY be the way to go...

Originally posted by Sazar

what was pissing me off was the entire T team (minus about 2 people) camping... plus 2 of em had wallhacks... dunno if you noticed...

I seen lag like that before too iceman... and yah its more the connection than anything else... and the setup... nix MAY be the way to go...

I did notice the camping and I was hollering at them to stop, but little good that did, they were basically all n00bs and I was pretty much left alone, except 1 or 2 players stuck with me while I was trying to rush. I didn't notice the guys with the wall hacks, however, I wasn't looking at them, so I take your word for that.

What was the iceing on the cake for me, was already frustrated I couldn't get them to at least try to win, and then coming around the corner and getting awped, said heck with it and left.

some days it is like that, if a admin had been there from HPR, it would have been different story, they usually don't mess around.

anyway it's kewl as far as I am concerned not mad at you, mad at the situation more then anything else.

cool.gif

Originally posted by Iceman
I did notice the camping and I was hollering at them to stop, but little good that did, they were basically all n00bs and I was pretty much left alone, except 1 or 2 players stuck with me while I was trying to rush. I didn't notice the guys with the wall hacks, however, I wasn't looking at them, so I take your word for that.

What was the iceing on the cake for me, was already frustrated I couldn't get them to at least try to win, and then coming around the corner and getting awped, said heck with it and left.

some days it is like that, if a admin had been there from HPR, it would have been different story, they usually don't mess around.

anyway it's kewl as far as I am concerned not mad at you, mad at the situation more then anything else.

cool.gif

yup just played with a few of the same numbnuts :)

carried em basically... as you can see from teh screenie I will attach...

some people have this decided instinct to follow one person and everyone else does the same and we end up going the same way... leaving the other 2 or 3 paths completely unguarded to the site... there are around 4.5 paths in dust2 to a bomb site and we only ever were covering one...

covering is a loose term... normally most of the team was dead within a period of 15 seconds of the round start...

[edit] deleted screenie since posted in another thread :) [/edit]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back