RSS Options

bloglines for king!

You just can't beat web-services, their usefulness knows no bounds :)

Well the reason why I was looking for Desktop readers was because I didn't want to have to jump on the net to check on feeds. FeedDemon was nice because it downloaded all the stuff, had an "Outlook-like" pop-up summarizing new feeds, etc.

Only downside was if I downloaded new material on the machine I was at, I wasn't able to read it somewhere else until the next day :(

Just felt like I was always behind/missing stuff, I didn't like that.

Is there an easier way to delete subscriptions? Clicking -edit- and then having to drag feeds up or down to the trash seems a bit klunky for Bloglines.

click on the subscription, then unsub in the right panel at the top...

Back to bloglines here as well...too much of a pain in the ass to click "mark as read" after reading a feed.

I am back with Newsfox extension for firefox, still having loading problems with it once in awhile, but it is still my favourite one so far.

:D

You can also double click a subscription when in edit mode, and a window will pop-up giving the option to unsubscribe :)

Seriously, now that I know how to do that stuff - this seriously is the best option out there hands down.

That was always something that bugged me, because I'd have to drag down a little, let it move in the list, and repeat until I was low enough on the screen to drag to the trash.

Drove me freaking nuts !

IE7 manages feeds nicely, the only problem with it for me is that I frequently hop between the two macs and one XP machine in the house, therefore my IE7 (Or even Safari) feeds, aren't available on all machines.

Hence why Bloglines is so handy :)

IE7 manages feeds nicely, the only problem with it for me is that I frequently hop between the two macs and one XP machine in the house, therefore my IE7 (Or even Safari) feeds, aren't available on all machines.

Yeah, which is the downside to the same thing for Firefox.

I really want to see a desktop client that works well in regards to syncrhonization, would be nice :D

live.com

:)

Meh.

live.com is like a fish trying to ride a bike (through the Sahara) compared to bloglines.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back