RPC Service credentials

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Psyborg, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Psyborg

Psyborg Guest

Sorry bout this, but I think I forgot to attach pic last time :confused:

OK, how do I get back the logon credentials for the service ? It will not allow me to change the service in any way! I cant stop, start etc :mad:

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Next time you can just 'edit' your orginal post and add the image :)

The other thread has been deleted

3. yoyo

yoyo _________________

That is just the default behaviour. You can not change it.

4. Psyborg

Psyborg Guest

OK, here goes:

It all started with that damned blaster worm,

I set it to restart the service, then I deleted the logon credentials stuff "NT_AUTHORITY\Services ..." and the password. Now I am stuck because the credentials dont seem to be there any more, EVEN AFTER A FRESH INSTALL formatted as NTFS instead of FAT32 !!! It is also running RPC as a LOCAL service ! That HAS to be wrong! Just look at the logon credentials for the RPC Locator service and you'll see what I mean.

Oh yeah, how does msn keep my settings?? I downloaded msn 6 and viewing contacts by groups, fine, then I renamed one of the groups.

After a FRESH install I was back to msn 4.7, I downloaded and nstalled man 6 again, changed to group view and this time, I didnt have to rename the contacts group because it was already renamed !

5. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

The settings displayed in your screenshot are correct, the same as mine:

[​IMG]

6. Psyborg

Psyborg Guest

Thanx Enyo,

I feel a bit more relieved now, I was just about to do ANOTHER fresh install, just to be sure!

I just really like messin round with EVERYTHING in windows, I was beginning to think xp had some way of remembering settings even after zero-ing the hard drive! How nuts is that ??

Oh yeah, on an IBM 60gb hd, why will xp only let me format it as NTFS, and then if I change the jumpers to 32gb clip, it gives me a choice of NTFS or FAT32 formatting ???

I know I ask a lotta questions, I know you guys cant answer them all, so thanks again for your help Enyo, and keep up the great work on the site!

7. Enyo

Enyo Moderator

8. Psyborg

Psyborg Guest

Nice 1 Enyo :) I'd forgotten how good this site was, waaay back ages ago ( bin workin a lot since :-( )