Router Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bedri, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Bedri

Bedri OSNN One Post Wonder

I got connected to the phone company Vonage and they sented me a new router its a linksys RTP 300 now i cant access the admin page were i can forward my ports this router has no software it comes like this and in the booklet it gives me the pass and username when i try to log in it tells me the username and pass are wrong i holded the restart button in the back for like 10 sec until it restarted the router i trie login in again it still gave the same problem and i keep geting this message from the Event viewer saying this

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts. 
    and this one

The IP address lease 192.168.*.* for the Network Card with network address ******** has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.*.* (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message). 
    and how can u actimate when u type in CMD ipconfig /all were it says IP ROUTING ENABLED.........No how can u make it into a yes

And my last router because of this problems destoyed my modem i had to get a new one

thanx for the help
  2. yalooze

yalooze OSNN Addict

Adelaide, Australia
    Was the router pre-configured by Vonage? If so, I would advise contacting their tech support and get them to sort it out. Part of your bill usually goes towards this, so you might as well use it ^_^
  3. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

Western Iowa
    I agree with yolooze. you could mabye leave your old router hooked up and plug the vonage router into it.
  4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

New York
  5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

While that may fix it, it's more of a hack than a fix. This feature was implemented in XP SP2 by design, as a security measure to try and reduce the damage virii and malware/spyware can perform on a network.

I have had good luck with running WinsockXPFix on machines that have had this error, and it has since gone away :)