Router Problem

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by CompCrazyFrog, Jan 19, 2005.

1. CompCrazyFrog

CompCrazyFrog OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi I can't launch a billiards game from http://www.terragame.com/lbclub.shtml
    My home computers connected through broadband ethernet router and seems my computer has one IP and router has another and game cannot find another computer.
    I'm sure many people might encounter such a problem, please someone help or point me to some online resources:)

Natali

2. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

It looks like you need to be forwarding ports. However you need to know which ports to forward. You probably need to ask terragame for the specifics.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

First try and see if you can connect without the router. If you can't then start looking at your software firewall.

If you can connect without the router plug it back up, go to the "advanced" menu on the router setup and set your computers IP address for "DMZ" that opens up the router's hardware firewall for your computer. If that works and you don't want to leave your computer wide open you do the port forwarding Vern mentioned. Port forwarding will also be under the "Advanced" router setup options.

Post the router make and model and soemone using that brand can give you more detailed instructions.