router / internet SLOW down. . .

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by pjchappy, Jan 29, 2003.

1. pjchappy

pjchappy OSNN Addict

Well,

I have a Linksys wireless router. . .

Until recently, everything was fine and fast. ..

Now, webpages load VERY slowly. . .the other computer that is directly connected to the router (non-wireless) is still FAST.

So, what would cause the slow down for the wireless connection?
    Even the router's webpage loads slowly. ..

and the signal strength of the wireless card is still high. . .

and this slowdown occurs even when the wireless connection is the only one using the net. . .

ANY ideas. . .it is very frustrating. ...

thanks!

p

2. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Is it slow when you transfer files between the computers or is it only slow for web surfing?

3. pjchappy

pjchappy OSNN Addict

slow

well, i don't transfer any files b/w computers. . . but, as i mentioned, the router's internal set-up / webpage loads SLOWLY on the wireless PC. . . so, that would likely mean files would go slow, too. . .

p

4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Yes, exactly why I asked. But just to make sure it would be nice to know. Try transfering a file or to. Shouldn't be hard to set up (most of the time! ;)).

Have you changed any settings in the wireless network lately? Encryption or anything?

5. Lithium

Lithium Guest

im having the same problem i though it was just my os cuz its been awhile since i reinstalled but after i did its still slow and it really sucks id like to know how to fix this

6. Lithium

Lithium Guest

lol well all i did was reset the setting on the router and BAM! it fixed it so nevermind