ROFL, Executive software, then and now...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Son Goku, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Well, I was going to title the thread "ROFL, so much for PR", but thought the actual contents might get lost in such a subject heading. Basically, I received an email about Diskeeper 10, and some of the great new features... Wouldn't you know, one of those features is listed as:

* NEW I-FAAST™ (Intelligent File Access Acceleration Sequencing Technology) in Diskeeper Professional Premier Edition boosts access speeds for the most commonly accessed files.

Now why do I mention this? Because it wasn't too many years ago when Diskeeper didn't include this (as some other defragmentation packages did like Norton Speedisk), and Executive claimed disk optomization as a waiste of time. Ironic, thinking back, that it's now been bundled and touted as a feature :D

This is their old argument on this:

http://execsoft.com/eletter/previous/eletter.aspx?F=1999110214.html

OK, but the change in their product feature set:

http://www.diskeeper.com/diskeeper/premier/premier.asp?pe=4

OK, given that Executive Software is the company that develops Diskeeper, I wonder what gives? Do they still subscribe to their old thinking on this? If so, as to the inclusion? I wonder if their PR on this subject will change, now that the feature set to their software has changed? I just find this an ironic change on their part, given their former position on this subject...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  2. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I used Diskeeper for a while but then decided I wanted a PerfectDisk.

3. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

Yeah, there have been other alternatives. I just find it ironic that for years, the developing company has been arguing against drive optomization, and putting out articles such as the one I cited which indicate why it's a waste and why they didn't include it.

But then in an almost about 180, they not only include it in Diskeeper 10, but take the very sorta thing they were arguing as a bad idea for so many years, but describe it as a new feature :laugh: I was, tbh, laughing as I looked at the email :D

4. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Would this be about the same thing as Raxcos "SmartPlacement"?

5. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

I use and swear by Diskeeper. The new version especially is phenomenal IMO...