ripping streaming audio

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Franky, May 8, 2002.

1. Franky

Franky Guest

Hi

Is there a way of ripping streaming audio into wav (songs from a radio) ???

Greetz Franky

2. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

download one of a number of programs that allow you to record off of your sound card. (whatever came with your cd burning software should do it). hit record and go!

3. Franky

Franky Guest

I use roxio easy cd creator so can I do it with that ? I heard of a program that automaticly selects the songs out iof the stream and only records them does anybody know it ?

4. dreamliner77

Cd creator should do it if you have platinum with the wave editor. Most of the programs you speak of work only for Shoutcast streams. I don't know if that is what you want to capture?

5. Franky

Franky Guest

Yep that's it shoutcast do you know of a place where I can download it ?

Tnx Franky

6. dreamliner77

Try Cnet and look for a program called streamripper. I think that's the name. that should be the easiest way, the above method will still work though

btw, where did you get that cool little white box with an x in it.

Just kidding...

7. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Wait a minute doesn't shoutcast block you from ripping their streaming audio?

8. dreamliner77

Supposedly streamripper works, I haven't tried it, I don't use shoutcast. I tried it for something else and it didn't work

9. try this

If your sound card is decent try running a cable out of the line out on your sound card or the speeker jack and then running it into the line in turn your audio way down to avoid feedback and then hit record. no program can stop you from doing this.