ripping dvd audio

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by seperatist, Aug 30, 2004.

1. seperatist

seperatist OSNN Senior Addict

i know there has to be an easy way to do this but i've searched and found nothing. i went to vcdhelp and the guide they had did not work for me. any suggestions?

i just want to get some .wavs off of a dvd i own. it's a music dvd so i thought it would be easy.

2. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

we talked about this on irc last week. I gotta get offline so someone else can help u otherwise i would but my mom has to use the phone.

edit: try this...http://www.dvdtox.com/dvdaudioripper.htm
    i unno if it has a free trial tho. I think dreamliner or elemental was askin for a dvd audio ripper on irc.

3. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

If you are talking about ripping audio from a DVD-A disc, forget about it. It can't be done. You could rip the DVD-V portion of the disc if it has one.

If you are talking about just ripping the audio from a regular DVD-V disc, my preferred method is to rip the disc to the hard drive using SmartRipper or DVD Decrypter and DeCSSing it in the process. Then use BeSweet, and the BeSweet front end to grab the audio. I prefer taking the LPCM 2 channel stereo track, since this is lossless. The 5.1 mix will probably be a 384kbps ac3 stream which is lossy.

A great resource is www.doom9.org They should also have links to the necessary software.

4. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User