Ripping audio from a DVD???

B

busto

I'm wanting to know if there is a method or a program that will allow me to copy just the audio from a DVD into either a WAV or MP3???

BeSweet

You will need SmartRipper or some other program to rip the dvd to your harddrive 1st though, so you will also need alot of hdd space (plan on about 10 gigs).

If you have a dvd player hooked up to the tv & sterio you can do it using 'line in'. All you need is the cable & a recording program.

I would use Smartripper also...(You'll have to change the default settings).

You would rip the DVD to your HDD to a folder ending up with 2 files. An .m2v file and an .ac3 file. Rather than .VOB files.

Use AC3decode to convert the .ac3 file to WAV or another encoder for .mp3.

Depending on the size of the DVD and the specs of your machine it should take about an hour or less to complete.

but, if they use besweet, they can select the PCM stereo track which is not nearly as compressed as the ac3 track. (and it removes a step)

dreamliner...I hadn't heard of the Besweet software, looks pretty good.

I still don't see the extra step though???

The few times I've done this I've used Total Recorder, outputs to wav or MP3. Very easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back