right click on active desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Emanuele, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Emanuele

Emanuele Guest

hello there!
    how do I finalize my acive desktop..? I mean. I can`t use the cursor any more to get a group of icons....and it does not have anymore the right click of the desktop but of a normal internet page.
    I understand that`s what t is...but is there any way to have the normal right click?

2. zalood

zalood OSNN Addict

There is no way you can have the dektop normal right click if you lock your active desktop.
    To unlock go to Control Panel > Display . .
    Click Desktop Tab > Click Customize Desktop . .
    Click Web Tab > Untick Lock Desktop Items

With the desktop item unlock . . any time you hoover to the top of your screen you will see a grey bar . . on the left you have the option to Customize Desktop (opening Display Property) and also if you wish to have a split screen for your Active Desktop and icons.

With the split screen, you will have the normal desktop right click on the left part of the desktop.
  3. Emanuele

Emanuele Guest

I see....well okay will do without the right click :)

Thanks for the reply!
  4. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

You can use the normal Right Click if your active desktop doesn't cover the entire desktop. For example I have active desktop stuff on the right and the left but nothing in the centre, so I made to separate html files and I can still use the normal right click in the centre of the screen.
  5. Emanuele

Emanuele Guest

hmmm That`s a good one :)