Right click brings up Macromedia Contribute Install

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by wingman411, Jan 12, 2007.

1. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

Lately when I right click on a menu or icon it brings up the Contribute install window. IF I cancel it it goes to the right context menu finally, what is the cause and how can I fix it?

Where in the registry is the right-clicking functions? Can I see if there is something there that is causing it?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
    tkeela likes this.
  2. tkeela

tkeela OSNN One Post Wonder

We are having the same issue, have you figured anything out on this annoyance.

3. tkeela

4. wingman411

wingman411 OSNN Senior Addict

Yes, I uninstalled Contribute. I have heard of ppl at work that use it having this problem, but I don't know what is causing it. I think it started after a priority MS update as I have not updated Contribute.

5. tkeela

Now that I think about it, it may have started after a Flash update for us... I uninstalled Contribute and now it tries to install Flash Paper. Guess I could try to uninstall that also.

6. bugsy

bugsy OSNN Junior Addict

Hi all.

It seemed to happen to me too, after I upgraded to Flash Player 9. I contacted Adobe about this and this is the solution they suggested. It worked fine for me:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  7. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I had this too - I just inserted the Contribute CD and clicked Ok - the problem hasn't come back since.

8. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

Sometimes installs don't quite complete all the way, letting the install finish like you mentioned does the trick :)

This is a pretty common promblem for Office and new users who login, administrative installs FTW!