revovering text messages

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Perris Calderon, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

any way to recover texts over the internet?

I think it can be done through sim cards but that wouldn't work if you have a new phone

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I have been using Microsoft MyPhone for just that Perris.
    Works great for backing up and restoring texts.

My Phone

3. Perris Calderon

THANX!

just hooked that up, it's really good, I wonder how much storage it accepts, I have gigs on my storage card

u da man ep

4. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Yeah, the amount of times I wipe my device this thing has really been a life saver.
    Has some other cool stuff as well like ringing your phone if you lose it, even if it is on silent :D

5. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

When I was still running Windows Mobile I used an autobackup service called Dashwire. It backed up SMS, MMS, Contacts, Video's I took, Photos I took and a few other tidbits. All for free too btw.

EDIT:

Looks like dashwire got gobbled up by best buy. Shame. Look's like my account still works though, so if you are interested I can delete all my stuff on there and give you the login credentials and you an change the PW and have the account. I don't need it anymore at all.

6. Perris Calderon

thanx for the offer but I'm good with myphone

btw

does iphone have a similar app?

how about android?

sprint wants to give me an android but then I won't be able to get a free windows 7 when or if it's ever released,

7. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

I don't know about the iPhone, but for Android there are a few autobackup services available. The one I'm currently using is not web accessible though, it just backs up to an account and recovers to the same account on any other Android phone that installs the app and logs in with credentials. It's possible though that some of the other autobackup apps might have web interfaces too though, I've not looked into all that much.