Review WMP9

Nick

OSNN Lurker
Tell me what you like about the new Windows Media Player 9 Series. Review it and post your comments about it in this thread.

I love that Speed option, where you can speed up a song...that is so amazing. I love that....Makes you want to get up and dance fast and stuff. I like that....Make Rap songs to dance songs... :)

The crossfading and volume leveling are still a little buggy. Sometimes it skips 3/4 of the song, while crossfading to another song.
Volumeleveling sometimes lowers the volume in the middle of a song and that is very irritating, I actually have to adjust my speakervolume again.
Also, it runs kinda slow, slower than WMPXP (=8) that is. Perhaps it's the new design with all the colors (cool when adjusting the color in real time).
In short: a nice start, but not completely bugfree, but hey, it's a beta AND a M$ product, so what did you expect (j/k).

My favorite feature of WMP9 is the ability to minimize it to the taskbar. I like all the other function too, but that's my favorite new feature. :)

Originally posted by Chief
My favorite feature of WMP9 is the ability to minimize it to the taskbar. I like all the other function too, but that's my favorite new feature. :)

i agree it come in to be very efficient.

i dont know why, mine doesnt work at all..its odd. it worked once, then stopped working after recent versions.

do you have that option in the taskbar and what build do you have.try the windows update one and try to reinstall it

i have build 2848 and yeah it doesnt work, it worked on one of the early builds though.

just checked mine I have build 2798 and working. does anyone have 2848 working just to see if it is a bug in the version.

if anyone would be so kind to advice me on a place to download 2799...

thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back