(Review) Viewsonic VX2025m

Ezergeezer

OSNN Addict
Just thought I'd post a review of my first LCD monitor.

Viewsonic VX2025wm, 20.1in, 8ms, 800:1, 1680 x 1050, delivered to door £292,
www.savastore.com

What can I say first, well slightly dismayed by the delivery, quick yes! Two days great, but, came in full colour box and not sealed! geez! what were they thinking when they sent it, anyone could have opened it and taken something out of the box!

Anyway ITS BIG,:eek: decided to jump straight in, ripped out old 17" CRT monitor plugged in DVI cable, connected it to monitor, attached mains, booted up compo, and................ NO SIGNAL message appears when booting, Damn!

A point to note! The cable sockets are to close to the back of the casing for my liking, making it difficult to tighten up thumbs screws, very bad design for me. And also like every manufacturer. ALL CABLING TO BLOODY SHORT!
WHEN WILL THEY REALISE AND STICK AN EXTRA 2 FEET ON! GEEZ HOW MUCH WOULD THAT COST, IN REALITY, BLOODY PENCE!

Anyway back to monitor, then rechecked DVI cable and still nothing, so attached the Analog cable too, this worked straight away, so still wanted
DVI connection to work, so straight on the net for help, and found it!

This is weird but this is what this guy did and it worked for me too.

1. Unplugged Analog cable while DVI still attached.
2. Turn off compo.
3. Take mains cable out of monitor for 10secs then put back in.
4. Reboot compo.
5. Turn on monitor.
6. Hey presto, now digital signal.

Weird huh!:suprised:

So, initial thoughts were, what a rubbish picture, dull white washed look, fonts were bearly readable, some web pages hardly filled a third of the screen with loads of white space.

So I have now enlarged the font size and used 'Cleartype', this was a big improvement, also adjusted the screen using Adobe gamma wizard, more improvement there too! That got rid of the whitewash look! The screen colours, text and general look are fantastic now. Proceeded to open a couple of applications.

Firstly Photoshop cs2 'great', no more tabbing out the floating toolboxes, loads of space and photos look bloody fantastic!:nervous:

Secondly, Microsoft Word, two full pages side by side.:nervous:

And lastly a game, Half Life 2 which I'm now playing again, well what can I say it looks totally awesome at 1680 x 1050 :laugh: and plays great too, no ghosting what so ever.

Finally, anyone changing from a CRT to an LCD, make sure you do a lot of research before you buy. I'm still not totally convinced that LCD's are an improvement CRT's, its just a different look, but I'm pleased with my purchase
and I'm sure in a few months time when I'm used to looking at it, I'll be more than happy.

Geezer.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back