Review: Postal Service "Give Up"

Discussion in 'Entertainment & Sports' started by lancer, Apr 4, 2006.

1. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

If you haven't heard this album I would absolutely urge you to get it, i've been listening to it solidly for almost a month.

My favorite song is "We will become Silhouettes", what a great song, it seems to be about the troubles of the world. But how the troubles of a relationship are so much the same.

The singer is the guy from Death Cab for Cutie, i've never listened to them, but i probably will now.

"Such great Heights" is the theme song to Greys Anatomy, and the new Civic advert uses the song "We will become Silhouettes".

But every single song on this album is up to par, its not an album with one or two great tracks, but and album with a solid 10 outstanding songs.

The album only has 10 songs...

I can honestly say this is probably my favorite album of all time at this point.

2. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I have the album but haven't really listened to it.

Check out "Plans" and "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie.

3. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

I'll been listening to The Postal Service since forever,my fav is "Don't wake me I plan on sleeping.....Don't wake me I plan on sleeping in" :D

4. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

I like Nothing Better

:)

5. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

evil that's sleepin in my favorite song also,

i just got DCFC's two albums, listening to plans now, its also a great album, i'm sure it'll grow on me.

6. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I never even heard of them until I watched the M&Ms commercial with the Sam Beam cover, which wound up being a 2-for-1 for me...I found TWO groups that I like :D

7. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

PS is great and death cab is in my top 5 fav bands...great music, the sub-pop line up rocks by the way...

8. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Yep, I've been listening to Postal Service for a long time, and I got into Death Cab afterwards. Go with Grandmaster's suggestions for the Death Cab albums. Apart from the great music, the guy is a very talented lyricist -- I really enjoy listening to the clever way he words things.

9. failurbydesign

failurbydesign music MUSIC music Political User

yea ben gibbard is the **** for sure....death cab rocks...oick up their dvd its super good..