Review: Postal Service "Give Up"

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
If you haven't heard this album I would absolutely urge you to get it, i've been listening to it solidly for almost a month.

My favorite song is "We will become Silhouettes", what a great song, it seems to be about the troubles of the world. But how the troubles of a relationship are so much the same.

The singer is the guy from Death Cab for Cutie, i've never listened to them, but i probably will now.

"Such great Heights" is the theme song to Greys Anatomy, and the new Civic advert uses the song "We will become Silhouettes".

But every single song on this album is up to par, its not an album with one or two great tracks, but and album with a solid 10 outstanding songs.

The album only has 10 songs...

I can honestly say this is probably my favorite album of all time at this point.

I have the album but haven't really listened to it.

Check out "Plans" and "Transatlanticism" by Death Cab for Cutie.

I'll been listening to The Postal Service since forever,my fav is "Don't wake me I plan on sleeping.....Don't wake me I plan on sleeping in" :D

evil that's sleepin in my favorite song also,

i just got DCFC's two albums, listening to plans now, its also a great album, i'm sure it'll grow on me.

I never even heard of them until I watched the M&Ms commercial with the Sam Beam cover, which wound up being a 2-for-1 for me...I found TWO groups that I like :D

PS is great and death cab is in my top 5 fav bands...great music, the sub-pop line up rocks by the way...

Yep, I've been listening to Postal Service for a long time, and I got into Death Cab afterwards. Go with Grandmaster's suggestions for the Death Cab albums. Apart from the great music, the guy is a very talented lyricist -- I really enjoy listening to the clever way he words things.

yea ben gibbard is the **** for sure....death cab rocks...oick up their dvd its super good..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back