Status
Not open for further replies.
perris said:
with the hack?

or something else

I can live with the hack, but every once in a while I want to clear te history

actually, I'd like to line item clear...that would be best
Yeah, just the registry key.
I'm the only one who uses this computer, so I don't have to bother clearing the history etc. I prefer the clean look of just a textbox without the buttons (as in the screenshot).

net, I simplified one of your aliases to make it easier to work...everyone should do this one;

Want to use the MSN deskbar to perform Google searches on the web?

No problem. paste this into the deskbar;:

Code:
@g,http://www.google.com/search?q=$w

whenever you want a google search, type a "g", a space, and the search iteme...bing...google search

nice one, services

@se,=services.msc

paste that into the toolbar and launch services by typing "se" and hitting enter...I love the aliases feature

I'll add the system restore, regedit, and restart tomorrow

sshweet!!!

perris said:
net, I simplified one of your aliases to make it easier to work...everyone should do this one;

Want to use the MSN deskbar to perform Google searches on the web?

No problem. paste this into the deskbar;:

Code:
@g,http://www.google.com/search?q=$w

whenever you want a google search, type a "g", a space, and the search iteme...bing...google search
Uhh... isn't that exactly what I had in the first post? :)

anyway, I'm gonna get perfmon, taskmanager, system restore, regedit, and restart as two letter entries.

this is getting better and better

perris said:
anyway, I'm gonna get perfmon, taskmanager, system restore, regedit, and restart as two letter entries.

this is getting better and better
Yep, all my commonly used apps are now two letter aliases. No more quick-launch bar. ;)

please paste the aliases you allready have so I don't have to figure it out for myself
thanx

here's a few;

@perf,=perfmon

@rgdt,=regedit

@cnfg,=msconfig

@restart,=shutdown -r -t 0

@se,=services.msc

sysytem restore doesn't work for me;

@restore,=%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

Ah, the restart one is clever. :)

I think the System Restore one may not be working because of the environment variable in there. Try changing it to:
@restore,="C:\WINDOWS\System32\restore\rstrui.exe"
Should do the trick.

yup, that does the trick...good call.

here it is;

@restore,=C:\WINDOWS\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

and here's device manager;

@devices,=c:\windows\system32\devmgmt.msc

I have some long names for some of my shortcuts, anyone can chant the word after the ampersand and before the coma, and that'll personalize it the way you want

Electronic Punk said:
You guys are having far too much fun with this app :)
:)
Did you try it yet? What did you think of it?

I wasn't at home for most of the yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to get Part 2 done, but I'll get around to it soon.

well, since the msn acts like run, now I can take the address bar off of the taskbar...therefore, the msn search takes no space on my taskbar, it's a wash.

as far as quicklaunch, I'm still keeping a few icons there

ok, I have positioned the deskbar as you have but how do i lock it there ? I tried "Lock Web Items" in the display properties but it didnt work.

delta4s said:
ok, I have positioned the deskbar as you have but how do i lock it there ? I tried "Lock Web Items" in the display properties but it didnt work.
I haven't locked it. The taskbar itself is locked, but the deskbar just floats there under all your other windows, so you can use the hotkey combination (Ctrl+Alt+M, by default) to make it float to the top when you need to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back