Restricting A Web Site

E

Enigma X

I want to restrict access to 'www.deftonesworldwide.com' on my

machine. I dont want my machine to access that website. How

can I do this? Chaning the security settings in IE6 works, but it

can easily be changed by anyone. Any help here. I have

Adminitrator status...Anything I can do ?

- Thanks!

go to tools>internet options>content>setting>approved sites. there type your site and click never so it's blocked. then go to general and change pass from "blank" to your pass. click ok and then click enable so blocking would work.

you are right.. adjusting the internet options will have no affect as they can easily be changed...

what may work, is by utilizing a firewall, mytiny, zonealarm, etc..and setting an admin password for one of these programs so that any settings can not be tampered with unless you have the password. if you set one of these up..just include that site in the restricted zone , similar to what you would do under Internet Options in IE6..

another option would be to just make whoever you want to not get to that site a regular user, or restricted user by way of creating a seperate login name with restriced rights...

other than that.. you can always look at the several different "nanny-surfer" software that will help you manage your pc...

keep in mind that any keylogging software would not help you if its installed on your pc as any password you setup for any program will more than likely be captured..thus rendering your efforts futile....

i would try either a third party firewall or program that has password capability, that - along with a seperate restricted login name for that particular person(s)...

good luck!!

~n :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back