restore disc

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
i want to create my own restore disc form my laptop...i can use norton ghost right? and burn them on dvd's? what other programs can i use?

I've only used Norton Ghost, everything is done in DOS mode. Only thing is, you either create image of the drive, or the partition.
You can use it with compression or without, it's your choice. You can also make bootable restore CD/DVD but you are required to have made a bootup floppy from Norton Ghost (I think from Windows).

i want to make a clean copy of my drive...image...burned on dvd's..is it hard?

Install Ghost on to windows that you got now... create the boot floppy if you can, once that's done, all you have to do is to install a clean copy of windows in C: drive preferably. After that, reboot with the floppy and you will see Ghost in DOS mode. from there you just create an image of C: drive/partition to disc (DVD).

Not hard at all once you get yourself familiarised with the DOS version.

It might be wise if you create an image straight after the initial install of windows, and another after you install the ESSENTIAL software/drivers. That way you'll spend less time re-installing the essential items that you really need. Obviously, you'll need to decide what is essential and what is not.

no i want to create a image of what i have now...i also dont have a floopy in my laptop...also can it be on more than one dvd disc?

Yes you can have it over multiple DVD discs if it doesn't fit on the one. It's always asked me for the boot floppy whenever I created a bootable Ghost DVD. Not sure if it allows you to get it off Norton Ghost (in windows).

acronis true image is even better.. u can incrementally add to images, instead of creating full images which take ages..
also you dont need to be in dos to do it:) can image your os while your working on it, or set schedules for images etc..
awesome program

Looking through the user guide on that. Seems interesting. Never heard of it before. :p
I guess this would be the very first thing I'd have to install on a new copy of windows. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back