restore/cd/serial question

No problem. Since you had a legit key and are using it on the system it came with there should be NO reason it they sould lock you out. Just keep calling til you get something who can help.

Well i just reinstalled xp on my machine using the cd key on the back, and yet again i couldnt activate....so i called and MS said there was nothing they could do cuz its been used mroe that once, i explained that the computer was refurbished and they said i need to buy legit copy of xp...WTF...

then in that case your pretty much screwed. Unless they logged the call etc you could always try again and make up something that would be believable so they would give you the code for activatin.

The MB failed and I had to replace it...

But that won't work if whoever the original owner was kept and reused the CD key. The problem with buying refurb.

If you bought refurb from a legitamte place tell them they owe you a valid CD key. IF it was not a legit place call MS back and tell them you were sold an invalid windows liscence and want to report it.

The windows liscence on an OEM computer is tied to that specific computer. MS should not be able to refuse activation of the computer. Ask if they want you to file complaints with the State Attorney Generals Office, the Interstate commerce commision and the US Attorney Generals office for fraudulent liscencing practices. The law works both ways. WTF a few more 100 million dollar government fines won't bother them will it?

then in that case your pretty much screwed. Unless they logged the call etc you could always try again and make up something that would be believable so they would give you the code for activatin.

Well they gave me a code for the activation and it still didnt go through...we did it like a few times...

WEIRD...just for fun i tired to activate and it worked....kick ass.....THANKS ALL I LOVE ALL YOU.....ALL OF YOU...maybe not some but most....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back