restarted for no reason.. well maybe

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ajsx15, Sep 2, 2002.

1. ajsx15

ajsx15 Guest

ok well here is my problem. ok first of all i got a 200watt psu, ok and i got the following drives running on the system..
    20gb harddrive
    Floppy drive
    ok when i had those hooked up everything was fine no problems

then i added another 4.3gb harddrive, system ran fine for about 20 minutes then just restarted.
    i also have 3 fans in the system currently, the cpu fan, psu fan, and another fan.. basicly i am wondering did it restart cuz there wasnt enough power to run all that on 200watts? is that why?

the 4.3gb is out now so i am going to see if it still restarts.. please post your thoughts
  2. ajsx15

ajsx15 Guest

now that the 4.3gig secondary drive is out the problem is gone. but did it restart cuz there wasnt enough power?
  3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Right click my computer\properties\advanced\startup & recovery\settings. In there untick automatic restart. Instead of rebooting you will get an error message which you can post here.
  4. ajsx15

ajsx15 Guest

ok the drive is back in, that setting is unchecked, i will soon enough get the error message
  5. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

6. ajsx15

ajsx15 Guest

ok, i unplugged one of the fans, and i just put another psu on top of my system and hooked the fan to that, i got the 4.3gig still in too, its been about 25 mins and no problems so far, i copied stuff back and forth to the drive and all seems well so far. hopefully it will last.
  7. ajsx15

ajsx15 Guest

what is slack on a harddrive, i checked stuff on sisoft sandra and it said i have 1% slack on the 4.3gb, its been about 37mins and everything is so far fine