Resizing Quicklaunch toolbar

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by the_tazinator, Dec 29, 2003.

1. the_tazinator

the_tazinator Are we there yet?

I have a problem that appears to have been floating around awhile but I have yet to find the fix.

I resize the quicklaunch toolbar to the size that I want (so that all of my icons show) but when I reboot, the toolbar is shrunk down to where it only shows four icons.

I have a total of three computers and two have this problem and one does not.

Does anyone know what the problem/fix is?

P.S. I found this old thread but it doesn't say if there is a fix for it.

2. Leaderz0rz

Leaderz0rz Wee

you try just logging out, and see if it saves it?

i searched a bit and found a few things that might help, though i haven't tested this one, so back up your registery first..

Saving Desktop Settings

If your desktop or folders on your desktop do not retain their settings:

Start Regedit Go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Program Manager\Restrictions

Create or edit the DWORD value NoSaveSettings

Give it a value of 0

3. the_tazinator

Logging off and logging back on does the same thing as a reboot, it resets the toolbar to where it only shows 4 icons. I checked the reg entry listed above and it is already set to 0.

4. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

Have you tried locking the taskbar after resizing?

edit: Also...one thing I have found is that some themes just absolutely will not keep the taskbar resized. I don't know why...but it does happen. I would suggest switching themes just to see if it works.

5. the_tazinator

Locking the toolbars does not help and I am running windows classic theme on all of the machines so if a theme were to work I would hope that the classic would be one of them.

6. Heath3n

Heath3n OSNN Addict

Another solution maybe. Are you using the language bar? If so...turn the language bar off and try.