Request for Suggestions....

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
I am looking into getting a decent speaker system for my computer and I was wondering what some of you thought were good speakers. I don't want to sink a whole lot of money into it...around $100 is the most I want to put into it. I was looking at a 6 Piece Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 for $63. Just wondering if anyone else knew of any other good setups. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I use Creative's 6.1 6700 speakerset, at the time that
i bought it, which is a couple of months ago, it cost me
$125. It's most probably a lot cheaper now. It gives
me really good sound, a nice improvement over the 5.1 version.
Combined with an audigy 2 (which i also have) it really
gives you high quality sound, for a very nice price.

buy the logitech THX series... you can get it online for around 100-130 dollars :) just look around... AMAZING sound really... and looks kewl too... thats the 4.1 I am talking about btw...

I would highly recommend a superior 4.1 setup to lesser 5.1 or 6.1 setups...

i would recommend a better 4.1 than a lesser 5.1/6.1 too.

more speakers only means one thing... you need more places to put them :p

i personally use the cambridge soundworks fps1000 4.1 speaker set with an sb live value, and the quality is superb for what I need.

I use these lil cheap Labtecs. I dont know the model, but I got 2 speakers and a subwoofer. I only paid $19.99 for them. And to my suprise, they sound really good.

I've got some Creative SoundWorks ones, from about 6 years ago, still going nicely

I have the Logitech 5.1 Z-640's. Very nice, and superior to the Creative's in that price range. They list for $100, and can be had for about $67. They have separate volume controls for the front and back which the Creative's lack. Very nice for quickly adjusting the balance. I'm slightly prejudiced though, as I will never spend another dime on anything Creative.

I would buy 5.1's though, as that is where things are going.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back