Request for Suggestions....

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gballard, Mar 11, 2003.

1. gballard

gballard Moderator

I am looking into getting a decent speaker system for my computer and I was wondering what some of you thought were good speakers. I don't want to sink a whole lot of money into it...around $100 is the most I want to put into it. I was looking at a 6 Piece Creative Inspire 5.1 5200 for $63. Just wondering if anyone else knew of any other good setups. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  2. ignipotentis

ignipotentis OSNN Addict

I use the Monsoon MH-505s... I love them. Not sure on the current prices though.
  3. Yngwie_II

Yngwie_II Guest

I use Creative's 6.1 6700 speakerset, at the time that
    i bought it, which is a couple of months ago, it cost me
    $125. It's most probably a lot cheaper now. It gives
    me really good sound, a nice improvement over the 5.1 version.
    Combined with an audigy 2 (which i also have) it really
    gives you high quality sound, for a very nice price.
  4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    buy the logitech THX series... you can get it online for around 100-130 dollars :) just look around... AMAZING sound really... and looks kewl too... thats the 4.1 I am talking about btw...

I would highly recommend a superior 4.1 setup to lesser 5.1 or 6.1 setups...
  5. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

i would recommend a better 4.1 than a lesser 5.1/6.1 too.

more speakers only means one thing... you need more places to put them :p

i personally use the cambridge soundworks fps1000 4.1 speaker set with an sb live value, and the quality is superb for what I need.
  6. peroxide

peroxide Guest

I use these lil cheap Labtecs. I dont know the model, but I got 2 speakers and a subwoofer. I only paid $19.99 for them. And to my suprise, they sound really good.
  7. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

United Kingdom
    I've got some Creative SoundWorks ones, from about 6 years ago, still going nicely
  8. Gus K

Gus K NTFS abuser

I have the Logitech 5.1 Z-640's. Very nice, and superior to the Creative's in that price range. They list for $100, and can be had for about $67. They have separate volume controls for the front and back which the Creative's lack. Very nice for quickly adjusting the balance. I'm slightly prejudiced though, as I will never spend another dime on anything Creative.

I would buy 5.1's though, as that is where things are going.