Removing Windows 7 Watermark

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
Here is a patch I found that I have tested myself with success. It removes the watermark that appears on the desktop in the lower right hand corner. Remember to always backup.Enjoy:). [Patch is attached]
Instructions and props go to the link provided.
How To Remove Watermark From Windows 7 Builds [Both X86 & X64]

1.Right-click on Removewatermark (.exe) file and select Run as administrator. Make sure that you have chosen RemovewatermarkX86.exe file, if you are using 32-bit Windows. Likewise choose RemovewatermarkX64.exe for 64-bit Windows.
2. Next, a command prompt will be opened asking your permission to continue. Press/type “Y” to continue patching process.

3. Within few seconds, a successful message will be shown. Close Command Prompt window & reboot your system.

4. Enjoy!

If the watermark appears even after rebooting the machine, then follow the procedure below.

1. Type CMD in Start menu search field and hit enter Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open Command Prompt with admin rights. Alternatively, go to Start > All programs > Accessories. Right-click on Command Prompt entry, and select Run as administrator.

2. In the Command Prompt, type in mcbuilder.exe and hit enter. It may take a minute to finish the process. Now, close the Command Prompt window and reboot Windows 7.

3. You should see no watermark on your desktop now.

Note that this patch should work fine on all builds of Windows 7 including build 7057.

Attachments

• RemoveWatermark_20090314.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 4,761
Was using something like this all through the beta, but fortunately the RTM has no such marks :)

Some off the Se7en builds had problems updating after we ran patches to remove watermark... Is this one of them? How long have you had it patched?

It's the recent build with the latest patch. Last patch was yesterday and I ran the watermark remover today. Just got a some type of Media Center update and I'm stable.

i have no watermark...

oh wait, i'm running RTM..

*sorry, had to mention it*

Yea RTM here as well. Yet I did use a tweak like this during Beta & RC.

Thanks for the post.

I don't know why people would want to mess with this when you can get the RTM then re-arm it for 4 months use.

Or just simply buy Windows 7 RTM once its out and you won't see the watermark. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back