Removing SP2 Archived Files

Eck

.user
What's the best way to go about deleting all of the files that SP2 archived? Can I just delete the folder? Would I also have to find the uninstall registry entry and remove that? Anything else to do? Is there some better way?

I just deleted the folder and removed the Add/Remove Programs entry from the registry. Had no problems ever since, so it should be safe =)

^ done that , cool gives me almost a 500 mb space back :D

It's saying Access Denied: Files in use... I'm guessing safe mode will do the trick? But why is it using some of my old files? :-/

Which folder are you trying to delete?

You can delete the C:\Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$ folder without a problem. (As long as you are sure you don't want to uninstall SP2.)

Don't delete the C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles directory. That one is the sp equivalent to system32\dllcache.

C:\Windows\$NtServicePackUninstall$ is the one saying that message. I'll try safemode and stuff.

well wadada SP2 increases the amount of HD space I have noticed, I gained at least 8% more HD space after installing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back