Removing Office XP

Guybrush

Village Idiot
Does anyone know if it is possible to totally remove Office XP from within Windows XP. Does the office XP uninstall tool do this fully or do I need a patch or something.

I wish to install Office 2003 when it comes out but I have the student License version and it is not possible to upgrade from this version to the professional version when it is released in the UK on 21 Oct 2003.

I have the full version of office 2000 and was hoping to upgrade from this version.

Any advise will be gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

call me crazy but i think "add/remove programs" in the CP will do it for you.

Originally posted by JtR
call me crazy but i think "add/remove programs" in the CP will do it for you.

Many thanks JTR. Isaw this but a computer nerd friend of mine says that it is not possible as it will leave traces of itself within the HDD. Time will tell I suppose:)

After uninstall just check the folder, some programs leave settings and stuff after uninstall incase you reinstall. Also run a reg scanner/cleaner to check for left over reg entries.
Shouldn't be too much to it

If your 'nerd' friend is such a 'meister' ask your 'nerd' friend to do the removal for you.

You're British like me. We don't use such terms as 'nerd'.

Try 'boffin'.

Do as the smarter 'nerds' say here. They are so much more informed than your 'nerd' friend.

If your 'nerd' friend went to Spec Savers, then he aint a 'nerd' no mo.

LOL - no offence intended. The term 'nerd' is so dated. BTW is your 'nerd' friend called Nigel or something like that?

LOL - no offence intended. The term 'nerd' is so dated. BTW is your 'nerd' freind called Nigel or something like that? [/B][/QUOTE]

No Tarquin!!;)

Is your name 'Guy'? And your Chum is really called Tarquin?

Geta away, I don't watch Channel 4.

Originally posted by Leevoy
Is your name 'Guy'? And your Chum is really called Tarquin?

Geta away, I don't watch Channel 4.

Go on then, Tarquin Tomothy Farquar Smythe, and my god he wouldn't be seen dead watching channel 4!! You mean someone actually watches channel 4...!

Boffin rather suits him actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back