Removing IE

ZeeTX
that's a great link, and a great post

welcome to our board.../looking forward to reading your posts

Its been awhile since I'v installed 98, did it come with IE installed aready?

Originally posted by ZeeTX
Those who still wondering how can IE be removed from Windows XP/2000 - Here's a BETA Utility from the same (98lite) software company - XPlite.
It should be out by the end of this month. First look says that this is a very powerful software.

Here's a quote form the Website:

More Info & Screenshot can be found HERE

Hope this helps..:rolleyes:

ZeeTX

I posted about this early in this thread

yes you did lechtard...it's a good link...I think the beta is allready out and about too...saw it yesterday on irc

I'd love to hear from someone using it too

I'm under the impression the lite xp will not improve speed and stability like former lites have improved windows

gotta find out though

I might get that going on my box to benchmark

Originally posted by lechtard
Also avant is a addon for IE so if you remove IE you won't be able to use the browser ...

There lies your answer its like using crazy browser or Myie2 they all use the IE engine if you remove IE then you wont be able to use avant

Originally posted by bman™
When I click on msn it opens up IE..

Originally posted by bman™
why the hell you laughing dumbass!!

dont click on msn dumba$$ :D :p

j/k

Alan

Avant is one of the Worse browsers i've seen... I really don't understant why would you use that browser... It has all the stuff that gives the ratings poor... and it has very low standards compliance which is a very bad thing for a 2003 year browser... not to mention that is using IE for displaying pages...

Look on their main site (http://www.avantbrowser.com/) about the Top 10 reasons to use Avant Browser they don't even mention W3C Standards Compliance and they know very well why...

I think you should try out Mozilla or Mozilla Firebird (even Phoenix) and you'll never ever want to hear about other browser.

The main reason I didn't respond to your message about removing IE is because I think you should remove Avant Browser first and then think about removing IE.

You could always leave IE6 alone and install WebBlinds and pretend you have a different browser.:rolleyes:

SnookBooger, Did you say WebBlinds? :eek: :p

If so go to the bathroom and wash your mouth out with soap NOW.......;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back