Removing Admin from XP welcom logon

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by flashjordan, Dec 13, 2001.

1. flashjordan

flashjordan Guest

I recently renamed the Administrator in XP pro. I know by default, the Admin is not shown. Doing so caused Xp to put the renamed admin on the welcome screen. I dont want it there, lol. I've tried Tweak UI, where it has the option to remove users from the welcome logon, but it wont remove the Admin that I renamed. I've posted this at a few forums with No help so far. In the registry there has to be a value for that. I'm stuck at Winlogon in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon . The reason for all of this, I renamed the Admin to something else, created a user called Administrator with no privs at all on limited account. Doing so might slow down any mischief, lol .. No since making it easy. I know a real pro will just find this annoying.
  2. flashjordan

flashjordan Guest

I've already secured up my Netbios, not exactly like those suggestions, but results are the same. I just want to know what/where is the value for removing the administrator from winxp welcome logon without reverting to classic logon.
  3. avatar

If you read APK's article and do what he writes, your system will be so secure AND fast you don't believe your eyes!!!
    I did, absolutly bl... FANTASTIC!!!

thanks again APK!!!

If i let my ip-address scanned, the only thing they see is (
  4. Rod

Rod OSNN Junior Addict

I plan on adding a server to my house and was wondering if you had a similar guide geared for people that need to use file sharing and other network apps. While still operating at the highest level of security possible without sacrificing the network functionality. This is one of those instances where school is great but experience always goes so much further... Thanks in advanceā€¦. Rod
  5. lsdwebs

lsdwebs Guest

That website link or course does not work any longer. Do you know where the new link might exist on this new domain or a similar page maybe?

This old link: