Removed SharedDocs folder from XP

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by highoct, Jan 19, 2003.

1. highoct

highoct Guest

What's up guys. I tried the tweak to remove the 'Shared' folder from XP by deleting a reg key. When I rebooted, the start bar took forever to load and there were no icons in the sys tray. I put the entry back and that fixed the start bar problem but of course the 'Shared' folder was back in there. Any suggestions?

Here's what I did...

Start regedit
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/
    Locate the key {59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}.
    Right click on it and select delete.
    Reboot !

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

new york
    welcome to this board highoct

I moved your question to it's own thread.

I haven't done this tweak or seen this problem, so I'll let someone who has try to help you.
  3. jonifen

jonifen pffff...

I do that tweak on my PC each time I've reinstalled - It really clears up "My Computer". I didnt have any problems with the start menu or taskbar after deleting the key though... works as normal.
  4. Tiesto

Tiesto OSNN Addict

If all else fails, reinstall windows. I mean logically the problem would be fixed when you correct what you deleted but sometimes it doesnt.
  5. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

L'Ile Perrot Quebec
    I know this wont help but why do people bother removing such small and meaningless things and end up in a state? Sorry to hear about your trouble just seems its better just to leave stuff as it is and go about surfing the net, playing games, doing your homework, or whatever else you can do with your puter :)
  6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    I use the same tweak to get rid of mine. Don't know why it causes you so much grief. :(
  7. tkole

tkole Guest

You could just use TweakUI