remove shutdown from login menu

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Athalonxp1800gu, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Hey i tried searching in the archives but i cant find it, How do i remove the shutdown button from login menu. thanks...
  2. lol.........whats the need of doing that? if u wanna clean your menu remove some other ****. U just waste your time thinking of stuuff like that n00bl3t
  3. Black_Pride

Black_Pride OSNN Addict

Hey M3dude....

The purpose of this forum is to help people solve problems and help each other learn how to do things on a computer, not to question why we want to do a certain thing or call each other names.

If you dont like it, go back to the AOL forum.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  4. Dead_Cow

Dead_Cow Guest

Use the Group Policy Editor.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and then click OK

User Config > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar > Remove and Prevent Access to the Shut Down Command

Set it to enabled.
  5. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Be careful if you do though. I did this on win9x & when explorer crashes you loose all of your shortcuts including any additional shutdown ones. When that happens reset is the only option.
  6. if you did more than just play with your 'puter at home you'd know this is a common setting in a business environment to remove the ability to shut down a computer from the logon screen, thus, other than pulling plug, you'd have to be able to log on to shut computer down. this is a default setting on server, it cannot be shut down properly without being able to logon.