remove items from the send to menu

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ZipTriX, Dec 15, 2001.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

How do you remove stuff from the send to menu? I have ready deleted what i can fromt eh folders. Are there registry entires for the drives and programs? If so where do I find them?

Also my zip drive is displaying 2 drives. How do I fix this?

2. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Already did that, but there is more I want to remove and can't. Look at the attachment and you'll see more of what I mean. what is circled is what I want to remove.

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Where would I look first? Or do a search for the program and list everything it tells me?

4. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Look for the "send to" folder in 3 locations: the user name you're logged in under, all users, and default user. Examples:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\SendTo

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ (mine doesn't have one, but it's a good place to look as some programs install under "all users" with all their quirks.)

C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\SendTo

These are hidden folders so you'll have to unhide them.

To fix your zip drive double, go to device manager, remove BOTH instances of it, reboot and let XP pick it up again.

(Btw, killer desktop, one of the nicest i've seen. What's the name of your theme?)

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

What is in the green square is what i want to remove.

6. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I can help you with a couple. I don't have Winamp but what i show you may help you with that one.

Open Winrar. Go to Options> Settings> Integration> untick "Integrate WinRar into shell." (you will lose both though, so if you want to keep the one, then you'll need to do the registry thing.) I don't know about that, only helping with what i can.

Open WinAce. Go to View> Options> Archives> untick "Activate WinAce shell extension." (Again, to be selective you'll need to do the registry thing)

WinAmp may have similar controls.

7. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Don't see anything in the winamp options and I don't mind doing the regesit thing. :)

8. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

I'd help with that but i don't know how, lol. Post your solution when your done though so i can see how you did. Good luck, i'm sure someone will jump on this and steer you in the right direction.

9. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

See how I did? LOL.......that is why I am asking for help.....if I did this myself I would pulling out the XP disc again :) This is just a tip of the iceberg of all the tweaking I want to do.