Remove audio from .avi file

jonny813

OSNN Addict
I got a video of Mobys Why does my heart feel so bad and was wonderin how I could remove the auido from the video as the current is a shortened version and doesnt reach all the way to the end of the track, so a portion is in silence.
I have the .mp3 of the song and was wonderin if that could then be put in instead, i assume i could do that in Movie Maker. thnx

virtualdub mod can do it... open the video and then choose "stream list", disable the old one and add the mp3

the audio and video probably won't line up though. you should use avi-mux gui to extract the audio from the avi, then use audacity to open the short mp3 (or whatever was in the avi) and the full mp3 and line them up by adding silence or cutting where needed. export to mp3 (or wav, then encode to mp3).

then mux together with av-mux gui. i would not recommend virtualdubmod, as it has not been updated in a long time and does not handle some containers and audio formats gracefully. plain virtualdub might not be the best way either since it does not support vbr audio.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back