remote guest?

Kush

High On Life!
hi guys, they finally hooked up my vdsl, now i can see my friend on the dsl network on another compound, the thing is when i want to connect to him or he connects to me, how do i set the username and password that he connects to me with? below is a pic of me trying to connect to him, but nowhere did we put a password, but anything i put in even leave it blank doesnt work. i wanna give him only permission and him only give me permission.

can u tell me step by step plz. i tried it before but i just get lost!:confused:

here is the pic

Well it depends what you mean by connect....how exactly are you trying to "connect" Netbios?, FTP, Terminal Services? Remote desktop?

anyone wanna help? isnt maybe in gpedit.msc

Here I go... themafia_69, I am going to help you even though you called me an "idiot" in a thread about a month ago...

I am assuming that you are attempting to connect using a UNC path (ie: \\172.20.40.220\share) correct? This will not work if the user's administrator password is blank. XP disables network shares if there is a blank admin password. Also, you do not have authentication rights on that box. I would recommend that he set up a local account on his PC for you. Assign a password and permissions for that account. I do not believe that the guest account gives you permission to network shares, but I might be wrong there.

Hope this helps...

Enyo: I have helped many people in the past couple months. I do not spam, like 80% of the people on this board do. I do not appreciate being insulted and I will not stand for it. I work in the industry and I am good at what I do. I support our corporate office as well as 14 remote locations. I do software automation, RIS administration, and software distribution. I deal with network issues, software and hardware issues, testing of new software amongst other things. I make good money doing what I do and above all of that, I really enjoy what I do. I help out here because I feel that I can help others.

edit - SPeedY_B

Now now, play nicely.

Edited both your posts.

SPeedY_B: I understand why you removed what I posted and I appologize. I just do not feel that anyone has any right to insult anyone else. I believe that is part of the forum guidelines, is it not? I understand that one less user would not matter much to the board because there are thousands, but I would hate to leave because I really enjoy helping others. There may be times that I do not know 100% of what I am talking about, but most of the time I do. I am an MCP and I did NOT receive my certification from cramming for a test. I passed without studying and on my first try. I believe that I know enough to help just about anyone, but I do not know everything. I feel I should be able to enjoy the board without being insulted. Is that too much to ask?

I can take a joke as well as the next person, but a joke is usually followed by a "HAHA" or a "JK"

If you are going to insult someone as a "joke" then make it apparent that it is a joke.

I can see what you're saying, but I could also see that Enyo was posting in jest because in your first post you wrote
..even though you called me an "idiot" in a thread about a month ago..
So he wasn't insulting you.

Obviously everyone has a different sense of humour and/or perspective so things can get out of hand, also you can not represent emotion/sarcasm in text form, so you can't tell what frame of mind someone is posting in.
It was just a joke so I think it should be left at that, and the thread should go back to its originating topic :)

Sorry... I have images turned off because I am at work and a lot of them are too "offensive" in a workplace environment. I will let it go.

nevermind i found out how, u have to enable the guest account if disabled in the user accounts, change the password or remove it, and that will be the password for the remote login

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back