Remote Desktop thru Router

D

Dlovely

I currently have a Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless router attached to a cable modem. I wanna be able to remote desktop a PC on my internal network. I'm able to reach my PC through FTP as I forwarded port 21 but for some reason I can't remote desktop unless I take off the router and just use the regular cable modem with normal IP instead of 192..... Anyone have any ideas? I'm running WinXP with the XP firewall enabled but remote desktop enabled within the firewall.

thanks

I run an FTP and have remote connection setup on a different machine. I forward port 3389 for remote connection. Assuming all other connections are fine.

Cool I appreciate the quick response, I did a search on google (which I should've done first) and it showed the same port for Remote Desktop, I'll try it out tommorrow.

Thanks again!

Still can't connect. I port forwarded the 3389 Port and enabled Remote desktop on both the XP firewall and OS itself. For some reason I can't connect from work. Without the router its no problem. I can't see where it's wrong, maybe later tonight i'll take a screen shot of my settings for people to critique.

Thanks

OFF TOPIC POST !!!

looking at dlovely's avitar :eek:

I plede the fifth on the grounds anything I might say here could be used against me in a court of law :D

ANOTHER OFF TOPIC POST ...

They are playing leap frog... lol

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
ANOTHER OFF TOPIC POST ...

They are playing leap frog... lol
good answer

right here it is I was playing leap frog and slipped and landed in that percarious postion :rolleyes:

Thats my story and I am sticking to it !!!:eek:

Here is a screen shot of my router config and XP firewall config. I have remote desktop enabled in the settings as well so I don't know whatelse to do, I have no firewall software on now. Any help would b appreciated.

p.s. Kermit don't get to excited bout my Avatar or you'll start humping stuffed animals like myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back