Remote Desktop on Windows 2003

champ2005

| xs |
I have this strange problem while remotely accesing a Windows Server 2003 computer. I run, for example, Remote Desktop Connection from a Windows XP computer, type in the server name or its ip address, and click connect. it comes up with the remote desktop and a login screen. I type in my user and passwords, click ok, and the remote desktop window disappears, with no warning or error messages.

Things i have done:
  • If i type the wrong password, a message appears that it was the wrong password, and goes back to the login screen.
  • I have tried using different usernames, creating new ones on the server, giving them varying levels of rights
  • Ive tried connecting from computers on the network or over the internet, from different O/S es (2000, XP etc) and using different connection software (remote desktop connection, terminal services client etc)
  • All of the above things yeiled the same results
Is this a known bug or issue, or does anyone have any idea what it might be?

Does the same problem occur when you attempt to log onto the Windows 2003 server with the administrator account of that machine?

ues it happens with the admin account and yes im pretty sure it has the 56.72 nvidia drivers installed.

champ2005 said:
ues it happens with the admin account and yes im pretty sure it has the 56.72 nvidia drivers installed.
open up services.msc and disable the NVIDIA Display Driver Service.

will that disable 2D acceleration (without 2d acceleration doing anything like moving a window is really slow) ?

champ2005 said:
will that disable 2D acceleration (without 2d acceleration doing anything like moving a window is really slow) ?
nope. to my knowledge, that service doesn't actually do anything useful :D (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back