Remote desktop from school??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by calvyno, Jun 12, 2002.

1. calvyno

calvyno Guest

Is there a way to remote desktop to my computer from a school computer that is protected? It wouldn't let me install it, so I used the tsweb/default.htm way and that didn't work either. Is there any walkaround for this thing?

2. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

You want to get from the school to home computer correct?!?

What OS do they have at school?!? In order for Remote Desktop to work Terminal services has to be installed... As far as I know only NT system come with that... But if the school computer does'nt let you install programs then your hosed anyway...

If you just need acces to your files,,, I'm guesssing,,, then set up a FTP server on your computer then use IE to access them...

Remote Desktop is a handy program though,,, I use it to admin my server from work...

3. calvyno

calvyno Guest

AWWWWW

AWWWWW, that sucks!!!!! >=(

I guess I can't do it then...
    The computers here have win2k...

4. MiseryQv2.0

MiseryQv2.0 Guest

Win2k has Terminal Services... NT is NT4.0, Win2k, WinXp...

But they must have grpou policies set to keep you from installing programs(?!?),,, or when they installed 2k they did'nt install it intetionaly...

5. l0g0ut

l0g0ut OSNN Addict

you can try using vnc .... install vnc server on you comp and you can access your comp from any java capable browser.... even unix machine...

or try radmin ... very very very fast.... you need to have the viewer.exe on the remote machine... (fit on a diskette)..

6. GaMMa

GaMMa Guest

My friend showed me how to get Remote Desktop working on a school PC. There are 2 files you need to copy somewhere in the windows directory or in one of the subfolders. You put those 2 files on a floppy, put the floppy on the school pc and run the program off the floppy. I'll track my friend down and tell you what the two files are.