Remote Desktop Connection..Vista to xp

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Can someone give me a complete easy how to...would be real nice!!!

Can't you use the windows program "connect to external desktop" (roughly translated from Dutch)? I use this to connect to my XP machine from my Vista laptop and it works great. There is also a programm to allow loggin in on the XP machine while an other user can keep on working on the XP machine.

Very quickly and most likely full of holes:

- Right click on my computer, properties, remote tab
- Allow users to connect remotely to this computer

that should be enough for a lan, but with a wan you will need to forward the relevent ports to that machine (TCP port 3389)

I would recommend using dyndns.org etc. to make it easier to find your ip ;)

Use www.crossloop.com.... interacts simpler than "Remote desktop" with any version of Windows.
Use an ID no to be passed on to the "guest" on a shared session.. no other adjustment necessary.
Both parties can interact independently.

ITS FREE

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back