Remember the HP Touchscreen I won?

Evil Marge

I Rule
Political Access
Yep, the HP Touchsmart you guy's helped me win in the HP/ Buzz Corps comp about 2 years ago!! Well it's broke. A few weeks ago hubby was watching a video when the pc froze and refused to shut down. Took me 2 days and numerous attempts to get it to start and try to do a repair. F8 etc refused to work and none of the repair or recover functions would work.

Decided to do a fresh install in the hope that it was just one of things where something silly goes wrong. I finally did it and it lasted all of a day before it did the same thing and told me there was an error on boot and a hard drive error. In the end I gave up and left it alone, we decided the only thing to do was to buy a new hard drive cause we thought there must be something wrong with it.

It came yesterday and we managed to get Vista reinstalled without a hitch and all went well till this morning when I turned it on clicked Firefox and nothing happened. I clicked Documents and again nothing happened. It just froze and refused to shut down.
Had to hold the button in to force a shut down and now it refuses to start exactly like it did when all this started. Looks like it's knackered :cry:

Now I have a spare hard drive and nowhere to put it, what a waste of money.

Hmm, do they sell that model or similar over here in the UK ?

Marge: my window is still open if you decide to toss it in :)

Ooooh yay looks like it's fixed :D My son came up with the idea that there might be something wrong with one of the memory sticks so he ran a memory check, low and behold it came up with an error. He took one of the sticks out and 3 days later it's still running perfectly fine :D
Keep your fingers crossed for me.

drat.. i was hoping it would find it's way through my window :)

Congrats Marge - hope it works for you :)

Good stuff, does it have standard memory or some kind of super desktop/laptop hybrid that no one sells in this half of the world?

drat.. i was hoping it would find it's way through my window :)
Congrats Marge - hope it works for you :)
Sorry LOL :laugh:

Good stuff, does it have standard memory or some kind of super desktop/laptop hybrid that no one sells in this half of the world?
It uses standard memory same as a laptop thankfully, it's only got 2GB memory in it now but it's still going strong :D

*crosses fingers and toes*
Thanks Jewelzz, I need all the help I can get :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back